title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic output greyed out

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anleva
    • Jul 2007

Dynamic output greyed out

For some reason I can no longer choose "Dynamic" as an output location. Only "Original Folder" and "Folder". It is greyed out as an option. How do I get it back?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Dynamic output greyed out

Check dBpoweramp Configuration (see "Need to find your version?" below) to make sure your Reference status is still in trial or registered.

Comment

• anleva
      • Jul 2007

I installed 12.3 over 12.2 per instructions. Here is what it says:

dBpoweramp Music Converter
      Release 12.3
      Registration Status
      mp License & Power Pack:Registered
      All Media Guide: 334 Days Access Remaining

To the right of registration status there is [Register]

So it says I am registered, yet there is a [Register] button so I have no clue what my status is. Help!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Your status shows that you have the registered PowerPack, NOT the registered Reference, which you need to use dynamic naming. To keep registered status of Reference, you have to install a new registered version, NOT just the normal trial install.

Also, do you mean these registered instructions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12483 ?

Comment

• anleva
          • Jul 2007

I purchased dBpoweramp reference at 12.2. Everything was working fine, including dynamic naming. I had a registered version of reference.

I used the "check for updates" button on dBpoweramp Configuration and it told me a new version, 12.3 was available so I installed it over 12.2. I have no idea what went wrong as I did what I thought I was supposed to do. Now I have no idea how to correct the situation.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Install your registered software from this link:

Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

It sounds like you installed the normal dMC install over-top of your registered Reference install, which dropped you down to "PowerPack" registered status, which is why "Dynamic Naming" is greyed out. Download a new Reference registered install and install it over your current version.

Comment

• anleva
                • Jul 2007

Thanks Spoon and LtData, I installed the reference software from the link you provided and now everything is back to normal. Now a process question.

Should I not use "check for updates" in dBpoweramp configuration? This was the method that alerted me that 12.3 was available and directed me to a web page where I then downloaded 12.3 (which must have been the trial version, not the registered reference install). Was the registered reference install elsewhere on that web page? Did I miss it?

What is the process then I should use to check for and download updates to dBpoweramp reference if not the "check for updates" button?

Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

The check for updates can be used to tell there is an update, I will modify r12.4 to point to registration retrieval if registered.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>