title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

system crashes with batch conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greengeek
    • Sep 2007

system crashes with batch conversion

I am having a problem using the batch conversion. I purchased the dbpoweramp music convert 12.3 registered refrence. Check for updates states that everything is up to date. I am trying to convert from m4a to lame mp3.

My system is a dual athalon mp, with 2gig of ram. I was trying it in winxp and it would blue screen anywhere from a few files into up to 30 files in during the conversion process. The blue screen I believe was something about a memeory dump or something. After getting those errors everytime, I decided to redo my system and load win03 standard server. In win03 it doesnt give me any blue screens unforately, it just freezes during the batch conversion. This again can be anywhere from just a few files in to around 30. When I check the event logs, it doesnt list any errors.

Any suggestions on how to go about resolving this issue?

Thank you,
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: system crashes with batch conversion

Does the system freeze up during any other CPU-intensive activities such as encoding music or video with another utility or when gaming? If so, it might be a heat problem.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No normal program (which dBpoweramp is) should be able to blue screen or freeze the computer in Windows XP, Vista or Server 2003. Only dodgy drivers or over heating cpu, or bad hard ware can do this.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• greengeek
        • Sep 2007

The thing doesnt overheat at all, probably becuase the server sounds like a jet engine with its 7 fans, lol. I have been reading up on the forums and noticed alot had to do with video drivers, so i removed my video card and tried it with just the onboard video and got the same issue.

It wouldn't lock up in winxp, but rather blue screen, in 03 it just locks up the system totally, so I dont even know what is being affected.

Originally I thought it could be with some type of system resource heavy issue, so I tried only convering a few files, instead of having it scan my 200gig and trying to covert about 3500 of them. On the smaller test of just converting artists labeled with A, which was about 275 files, it locked up at only 5 files in =(

All the drivers I have loaded on 03 are all from MS and are MS certified. No other app locks up the system, not even burn in apps which are designed to test system stablility. So I am really at a loss.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

Comment

• greengeek
          • Sep 2007

Also on this 03 box, since im trying to trouble shoot and get this program running, I have no other microsoft server services running. Trying to keep it as bare bones on the OS while troubleshooting.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

What file formats are you converting from and to? Local or network drive?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try some other system stressing program, prime95.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• greengeek
                • Sep 2007

converting from m4a to lame mp3 and the software and files are all on the same box

Comment

Working...

]]>