title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Drive not being recognized

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Drive not being recognized

I have two drives on my machine (E: & F. E: is a DVD-Rom drive and F: is a CD-Burner/player. The F: drive is faster than the E: drive and as such, I use it for installing programs and burning. I do not have it setup to play music CDs.

Anyway, I can rip from Windows (XP) Explorer using the right click option when an audio CD is either the E: or F: drive, but when I attempt to rip with the dMC Audio CD Input program, my audio CDs are unrecognized in the F: drive. I appreciate the additional information freedb offers when ripping from within the Audio CD Input environment, not to mention the prospect of faster operations, so what do I need to do in order for the program to recognize CDs in the F: drive?

Again, right-click ripping functionality is present within Win Explorer, so I know the program has the ability to rip from this drive... help!!!

Thanks,

Howie
  • Unregistered

Well, of course if you don't choose the drive in Options then it will not "see" it...

I was going to delete my original post, but perhaps someone else can benefit from my experience.

If you have more than one drive, then select your target drive in the Options menu!

--Howie

Comment

• Justin and Ryan

Re: Drive not being recognized

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I have two drives on my machine (E: & F. E: is a DVD-Rom drive and F: is a CD-Burner/player. The F: drive is faster than the E: drive and as such, I use it for installing programs and burning. I do not have it setup to play music CDs.

Anyway, I can rip from Windows (XP) Explorer using the right click option when an audio CD is either the E: or F: drive, but when I attempt to rip with the dMC Audio CD Input program, my audio CDs are unrecognized in the F: drive. I appreciate the additional information freedb offers when ripping from within the Audio CD Input environment, not to mention the prospect of faster operations, so what do I need to do in order for the program to recognize CDs in the F: drive?

Again, right-click ripping functionality is present within Win Explorer, so I know the program has the ability to rip from this drive... help!!!

Thanks,

Howie

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Re: Drive not being recognized

Hey, guys! Just read the post above yours!

Comment

Working...

]]>