title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't install dBpowerAmp Professional

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Larry
    • Aug 2007

Can't install dBpowerAmp Professional

I have tried several times - over a weeks period - and each time I get first an error in the temp file during the download and install process and then after the player is launched or at startup I get a "exception processing message c0000013 parameters ...... " (Seems to be looking for a disk because the box title is called Windows - No Disk) I have cleaned my system so it is completely error free and removed previous attempts at installation. My os is Windows XP Media centre edition.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't install dBpowerAmp Professional

Which file are you downloading, you menion dbpoweramp professional (Reference?) but then the audio player.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Larry
      • Aug 2007

I have actually tried to download and install both the amp (radio) by itself and the dB reference (professional). The result is always the same. I get an Temp\Ins109.temp.exe error when it finishes downloading and part way through the install. When I restart Windows I get a No Disk error. If you would like I will try again and this time I will try and document what I see a little better. The only way I can clear the error msg is by closing the player - it shows 3 options - cancel, try again, and ignore I think. Sorry for not paying better attention.

Comment

• Larry
        • Aug 2007

I just tried again - I went to the main web site and under Professional I selected the following - dBpoweramp Reference (version), then when prompted, told it to dl the file - dBpoweramp R12-2 trial and entered it. After it had downloaded I used the default directory for it to install into and entered it. After it had finished Running'<TempInstal> dBpoweramp - dMC-Dsp.exe(progress bar finished cycling to the end) I then got the following error msg:

C:\DOCUME~1\LARRYM~1\Temp\Ins5D6.Tmp.exe

That is as far as I took it this time - hope it helps you identify what is going on... thanks

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

First, uninstall the player.
          Next, empty your temp directory, run a total uninstall from here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285
          Then install dMC Ref r12.2
          Finally install dAP into a different directory from dMC, as stated here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

Working...

]]>