title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem w/ Sony DRU810 & database connections

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David R
    • Aug 2007

Problem w/ Sony DRU810 & database connections

If this is a dupe, please delete, I thought I'd been bumped for timeout.

I've used dBPowerAmp for years (V 10.?). Light, good quality and all w/o the bloat of other programs.
    Most of what I've done was using my Sony DVD burner DRU-810 because it is faster than my CD drive.
    Recently, I could not get tags from freedb and spent a huge amount of time chasing other on-line servers (freedb, freedb2, musicbrainz etc.). Message was always that the album was not found vs not connecting.

By accident, I found that although the Sony drive doesn't hook up, my older HP CD RW drive works fine. Any suggestions?

BTW, using other programs that rely on external databases (including freedb) with the Sony drive and the same CD work fine.

Any suggestions? Using the HP is a work around but pretty slow.

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problem w/ Sony DRU810 & database connections

Why not update to the latest version, r12, or at least r11.5?

Comment

• David R
      • Aug 2007

I guess I'd like to know if that would somehow fix the problem before I purchase the program. I'm OK w/ paying for the new version vs using V10 shareware if the issue was fixed. It doesn't make sense that something that worked for a couple of years just fine should just stop w/o an explanation.

So any technical input?

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you switch firewalls or security software recently? Install anything new?

Comment

• Bill41
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by David R
          If this is a dupe, please delete, I thought I'd been bumped for timeout.

I've used dBPowerAmp for years (V 10.?). Light, good quality and all w/o the bloat of other programs.
          Most of what I've done was using my Sony DVD burner DRU-810 because it is faster than my CD drive.
          Recently, I could not get tags from freedb and spent a huge amount of time chasing other on-line servers (freedb, freedb2, musicbrainz etc.). Message was always that the album was not found vs not connecting.

By accident, I found that although the Sony drive doesn't hook up, my older HP CD RW drive works fine. Any suggestions?

BTW, using other programs that rely on external databases (including freedb) with the Sony drive and the same CD work fine.

Any suggestions? Using the HP is a work around but pretty slow.

Thanks.
          I have a Sony DRU 810A and it works just fine with all the latest dBpowerAMP
          programs as well with AMG and freedb.

Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>