title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audiobook problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luuk
    • Aug 2007

Audiobook problem

Hi,

I am having a problem converting to audiobook format (m4b). When I load a wave file (or any other format supported by dbPowerAmp) to be converted into m4b format, I get the message "Before using this encoder a separate component must first be installed from www.nero.digital.com, press Red[?] help button on encoder settings page for details." On the encoder page I am told how to install the Nero AAC Encoder and that three files must be present in "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)". However, the files ARE present in this directory, and yet I still receive this message and the files will not convert. What is wrong?

Luuk
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Audiobook problem

Just to make sure, you have the "NeroAACEnc.exe" in the directory you named there? Did you try clicking the "Encoder" button then clicking "Locate Encoder" and pointing it to the .exe?

Comment

• Luuk
      • Aug 2007

Hi LtData,

Yes the neroAacEnc.exe file is in the right directory. I do not know what you mean by pushing the encoder button and pointing it to the file. Where do I find this button?

Luuk

PS. Encoding to m4a file is no problem.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I believe there is a button called "Encoder >>" in the window where you choose your bitrate on the slider and such. Do you not see it?

Comment

• Luuk
          • Aug 2007

Thanks LtData, pointing to the right file did the trick. Thanks!

Luuk

Comment

Working...

]]>