title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

major conversion error - ALAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omendelovitz
    • Aug 2007

major conversion error - ALAC

Hello,

Ok, I seem to have lost my ENTIRE collection of music to this error! (3000+ songs):vmad:

Here we go:

Win XP Pro
    AMD 3000+
    conversion from APE or FLAC to ALAC
    installed converter using NERO and all instructions

Problem:

1 or 2 songs will behave normally; usually at beginning or end of conversion list;

All other songs converted in batch will crash winamp/itunes.

When reading tags and organizing w/media monkey I noticed that originally, two files come up for each song; both files activate same song; the one tag/filename looks normal, the second is capitalized and truncated severely. (e.g. hello.m4a -> HEL~.M4A).

Please help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: major conversion error - ALAC

Try converting one of the problem files back to ape.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• omendelovitz
      • Aug 2007

tagging was lost, but files are good. converted back 2 flac. I wish I would have known this before I dumped the assumed corrupted files. ah well... :(

Any idea what is the culprit here?

Comment

• omendelovitz
        • Aug 2007

addendum: I noticed, after converting a wav file to ALAC that all was well except for the track # in the tag. I changed the tag value to properly reflect the track # and the ALAC files would no longer play - I know that MM doesn't yet support M4A tagging (does read), and believe that might be the problem here. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>