title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Errors on all tracks when trying to rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeslieFO
    • Aug 2007

Errors on all tracks when trying to rip

I had been doing fine with my ripping of CD's and all of a sudden I tried to rip a cd and all the tracks got an error message that the file could not be found. This happened on more than one cd. I don't know what could have happened. I am ripping to Apple lossless. I removed the program and re-installed it and it still gives me the error message on all tracks. Please help. Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Errors on all tracks when trying to rip

What version of Windows and dMC are you using? If you reboot, does the problem still occur?

Comment

• LeslieFO
      • Aug 2007

Using XP Home. dbpoweramp 12.2 reference version. does not help when re-powered. May have to do with the registering. I removed and re-installed but it may not have registered properly and does not rip in the secure/accuraterip format. I can't seem to find out how to re-install a registered copy after following all instructions. My copy says registered but it doesn't act that way. I tried so many times that I now get a message to wait for next week to try and retrieve a registered version again. I am so confused. I don't know if it is because I didn't close norton firewall before trying to download, but the program did install. It just don't work right. Please help if you can. Thanks

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

See "Need to find your version?" to make sure dMC knows its registered. What is the name of the install file you are using? The message about waiting until next week just means you have tried to re-download too many times.

Comment

• tubes-n-horns
          • Jul 2007

Likewise, I am ripping away (well over 100 by now), when suddenly I get these errors for every track on the CD. But is only on this one CD. Continue in my stack and the next one and the next one, etc. rips fine. The error is 'cannot read file'; that error being displayed for each track. This CD plays fine within dMC and also in WMP. WMP ripped the CD as WMA Lossless with no issues. I am trying to rip to FLAC using dMC.

I am using dMC R12.2 on Windows XP Pro. Drive is a Sony DVD RW DRU-810A. AMD Dual Core Processor with 2 GB RAM.

Rick
          Last edited by tubes-n-horns; September 04, 2007, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What is the exact error message please?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tubes-n-horns
              • Jul 2007

Here is the error message for Track 1:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los Hombres Calientes, Vol. \Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los .flac'
              Error unable to open File 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los Hombres Calientes, Vol. \Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los .flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Rick

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Try to rip closer to the root of the C:\ drive and see if it rips then, it looks like your path may be too long.

Comment

• tubes-n-horns
                  • Jul 2007

You da man, LtData! Thank you and Spoon for jumping on this. I really have to get to work now.

Rick

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

The length of the path is 259 chars, it should be able to create that file on all versions of Windows.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tubes-n-horns
                      • Jul 2007

You're saying it should work in the path where I noted the problem? After LtData's reply (this morning) I moved the path directly under the C: and it ripped the whole CD with no issues.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

There are 2 odd things with this filename:

'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers\Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los Hombres Calientes, Vol. \Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers - Los .flac'

First is the last folder, there is a ' ' space. Secondly the names 'Los Hombres Calientes; Irving Mayfield & Bill Summers', note the ';'.

In my testing the ' ' space at the end of the folder is automatically removed by CD Ripper. Secondly anything with ; is read as multi artist, etc, so you should not see ; or anything after it in a filename.

What file naming is set in CD Ripper? and can you split the above filename into artist, album and title as shown in cd ripper.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>