title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble ripping with dBpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anleva
    • Jul 2007

Trouble ripping with dBpoweramp

I have been using the dBpoweramp ripper to rip my CD's. I really like the speed and ease of use over EAC. However, I have run into a few problem tracks on 3 CD's where I end up with an error for a music file when using dBpoweramp.

I tried to re-rip the tracks and still ended up with an error. I then tried ripping those tracks with EAC. EAC also saw the problem frames, but it's error correcting was able to ultimately successfully rip 2 of 3 tracks while I couldn't with dBpoweramp. These were verified with accurate rip.

Perhaps I need to configure dBpoweramp ripper differently so that it could also successfully rip those tracks?

I am set up for secure ripping. My ultra secrue settings are 1,6,1. My drive does have C2 error detection and that is checked. I have max. re-reads of bad frames set at 700 times.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Trouble ripping with dBpoweramp

If you post a log file (set to the most detailled option) from dBpoweramp for a problem track it might show what is what.

Do you have caching correctly setup?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• anleva
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you post a log file (set to the most detailled option) from dBpoweramp for a problem track it might show what is what.

Do you have caching correctly setup?
      I will have to recreate the problem as I don't have a detailed log file. Should the setting be simple, detail or complete? Which one is the most detailed option -- "detail"?

I am not sure whether caching is set up correctly. Right now it is on "none". What steps do I need to take to determine this? When I use the detect cache option my system freezes and after several minutes returned the following: "Drive does not appear to cache, no cache clearing will be used. Test time without re-read: 9610 ms. Test time with re-read 475296 ms". "Detected cache size 0 KB (0 Frames).

For detect FUA support I get: "FUA appears to clear the drive cache and will be used. Test time without FUA: 4828 ms. Test time with FUA: 84125 ms". So the detect FUA support suggested the box be ticked.

The detect C2 support suggested that "C2 error pointers were detected and will be used".

Finally here is what is listed under drive technical features:

Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
      CD Drive: DVDRAM GSA-4084N
      Firmware: KQ09
      Serial: 
      Maximum Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
      Current Speed: 4234 KB/sec (x24)
      Spin-down After: 2 minutes
      Buffer Size: 2 MB
      Accurate Stream: Yes
      C2 Error Pointers: Yes
      Reads ISRC: Yes
      Reads UPC: Yes

Based on all of this, how should I configure the secure settings?

Comment

• anleva
        • Jul 2007

Here is a log file for a track with error (setting: detail):

dBpoweramp Release 12.2 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:01 PM

Drive & Settings
        ----------------

Ripping with drive 'D: [HL-DT-ST - DVDRAM GSA-4084N]', Drive offset: 667, Overread Lead-in/out: No
        AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: Yes, Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: Yes
        Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
        Ultra:: Vary Drive Speed: No, Min Passes: 1, Max Passes: 6, Finish After Clean Passes: 1
        Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 700

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5
        DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ReplayGain=-albummode={qt}0{qt}"

Extraction Log
        --------------

Track 9: Ripped LBA 204325 to 240590 (8:03) in 4:30. Filename: C:\Documents and Settings\av\My Documents\My Music\FLAC\Afro Celt Sound System\Volume 3; Further in Time\Afro Celt Sound System - Volume 3; Further in Time - 09 - Go on Through.flac
        AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 21) Insecure [Pass 1, Ultra 1 to 1, Re-Rip 11 Frames]
        CRC32: 86610970
        ** Reached Maximum 2 Unrecoverable Frames For This Track
        Insecure Audio from 00:03:30.226 to 00:03:30.240

--------------

1 Tracks Ripped Inaccurately

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

> Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: Yes

Are you 100% sure FUA invalidates the cache on your drive? mainly it is for plextors only. Uncheck it and enable the cache option (click the test button with a new audio cd in the drive).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• anleva
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            > Cache: None, FUA Cache Invalidate: Yes

Are you 100% sure FUA invalidates the cache on your drive? mainly it is for plextors only. Uncheck it and enable the cache option (click the test button with a new audio cd in the drive).
            No, I am not 100% sure. I am only going by what dBpoweramp suggests after clicking on the test/detect buttons you provide in the secure configuration. Are you sure I should enable cache when "test" tells me not to? I'm confused. As I mentioned, here is what I did and what the results were:

When I click on "detect cache" system seemed to freeze, but after several minutes returned the following: "Drive does not appear to cache, no cache clearing will be used. Test time without re-read: 9610 ms. Test time with re-read 475296 ms". "Detected cache size 0 KB (0 Frames).

For "detect FUA support" I get: "FUA appears to clear the drive cache and will be used. Test time without FUA: 4828 ms. Test time with FUA: 84125 ms". So the detect FUA support suggested the box be ticked.

The detect C2 support suggested that "C2 error pointers were detected and will be used".

So what settings should I use then?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try no FUA and Cache set to 64 KB
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>