title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ide Tag Editing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waynf
    • Feb 2007

Ide Tag Editing

I downloaded dBpoweramp this date and tried it out(trial version) and when I converted from wav file to mp3, I also edited the IDE tag inserting all the appropriate info such as artist, title, comments, etc. only to find out that when I had finished converting, that when Windows Media Player opened up it only showed the original wav file info. For example I had a title like "copy of so and so>title>date", I changed this with IDE tag editing to read "so and so>title>date. It didn't remove the "copy of" from the file name.

Please advise, but take note that I converted before I did the IDE tag editing.

waynf
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ide Tag Editing

I don't think WMA supports WAV tags and I believe it just shows the name of the file. Do you have a screenshot of what it is doing? Note that you cannot upload the picture to the forum, but you can link to the picture that you uploaded elsewhere.

Comment

• waynf
      • Feb 2007

Could you be a bit more specific when you say picture, the only picture i could give you of a screen capture would be for me to show you a web cam shot of the Windows Media Player screen which shows the original title of the music.]

For me to be more specific I will give you the details.

The original recording was from an internet radio stream, but the original source file was a wav. file and not a wma. file.

Original file name: COPY OF JIMMY C. NEWMAN-COMMENCEZ-wmv

Changed file name using dBpoweramp music converter: JIMMY C. NEWMAN-COMMENCEZ-

File showing on WMP COPY OF JIMMY C. NEWMAN-COMMENCEZ

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You renamed the file or changed the tag? I'm confused which one you did.

Also, an easy way to do a screen shot is to hit the "print screen" or "prt sc" key on your keyboard to put a copy of what your screen is showing into your clipboard. Then simply paste this into MS Paint or some other picture editing program.

Comment

Working...

]]>