title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

wav -> WMA Pro 9.2 lossless problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoju
    • Jul 2007

wav -> WMA Pro 9.2 lossless problems

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that I'm having when converting wave files to WMA Pro 9.2 lossless. I did a quick search on the forums but unfortunately nothing came up.

I'm in the process of ripping and compressing a whole bunch of my CDs, and up until today haven't had any problems. For some reason though I'm getting verification failures on two or three specific tracks, out of the 800 or so that have been error free. The message I get is:

'Error converting to Windows Media Audio 10, 'C:\Rips\Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers\The Last DJ [Bonus DVD]\12. Can't Stop the Sun.wav' to
    'C:\Rips\Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers\The Last DJ [Bonus DVD]\12. Can't Stop the Sun.wma'
    Error audio file failed verification 'C:\Rips\Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers\The Last DJ [Bonus DVD]\12. Can't Stop the Sun.wma'.

The weird thing is is that the rest of the CD compresses fine, and it's always those two or
    three specific tracks. The affected CDs are in perfect condition (as they've only ever been ripped once or twice and never played, so very little use!), although that seems to be irrelevant as the rips were classed as accurate on every occasion anyway. Secure rips also made no difference. :(

I've tried compressing on an entirely different system, but I still get the exact same problem. I'm using dbpowerAMP R12.2 and the WMA Pro 10 R4 codec, if that's of any use.

Hoju
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: wav -> WMA Pro 9.2 lossless problems

Have you tried re-ripping the CD track to WAV and see if they compress then? Can you compress the WAVs to another format?

Comment

• hoju
      • Jul 2007

Sorry, yeah - that's how I'm compressing them, ripping several CDs as WAV and then doing a batch encode to WMAL. :(

I tried encoding to FLAC and mp3 just a moment ago, and they both completed without any problems (FLAC with verification).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you are able to upload one of the wav files to the internet so we can download (they are too big for email).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hoju
          • Jul 2007

Ok, that's no problem. Should I send the link via pm?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Please.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>