title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

monkeys won't play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisamote
    • Jul 2007

monkeys won't play

I recently installed the monkeys codec and have ripped 20 or so CDs to monkeys audio. Everything seems to work fine during the rip, but the ape files will not play or transfer to my music collection. The files have the ape extension, but there is no picture associated with the file. Can anyone help me?

Chris
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: monkeys won't play

My Music Collection and dBpowerAMP Audio Player (dAP), of which My Music Collection is part, use an older set of codecs, known as Legacy Codecs. The Legacy Codecs can be found at Legacy Codec Central (there is a link to Legacy Codec Central at Codec Central). Make sure you install your Legacy Monkey's codec in the same folder as dAP and you should be OK.

If you are running an older version of dBpowerAMP Music Converter (release 11.5 or earlier), you also need to use the Legacy Monkey's codec and you will need to first remove the new Monkey's codec (which only works with release 12 or later of Music Converter) if you installed the codec currently in Codec Central before you install the Legacy Monkey's codec.

If this does not apply to your situation, or if it does not help, please let us know.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

See here for using dMC r12 and dAP together: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

• chrisamote
        • Jul 2007

Hey Bill, that took care of my problem. Thanks. Chris

Comment

• dgaranin
          • May 2005

I have found this thread since I also cannot play APE files in my Music Library after upgrading to the new version of dbpowerAMP.

The idea of using the legacy APE codec is nice, only my system does not allow me to install this codec. It says that this codec is already installed (the new one, probably) and whether it has to be uninstalled. After I say "No" the installation of the legacy codec end in an error, independent of the directory where I try to install.

Thus it was a pretty disappointing upgrade of dbpoweramp as APE is my standard format for encoding high-quality music recordings and now I cannot play them.

Dmitry

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

What error do you get when trying to install the legacy Ape codec?

Comment

• Wayne
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Aug 2002

Did you follow these instructions?

Originally posted by LtData
              See here for using dMC r12 and dAP together: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

Working...

]]>