title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Non specific virus reported in installer (false report?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • math
    • Jul 2007

Non specific virus reported in installer (false report?)

Hi

Yesterday I installed dMC-R12.2-Ref-Trial.exe which I downloaded from your website. During the installation process my virus checker (F-Prot) reported

"....\Temp\Ins34C.tmp.exe could be infected with an unknown virus"

As you are a reputable company and no specific virus was mentioned I'm guessing there was just something unusual about this file that the virus checker did not like.

(1) Is there something peculiar about any of your installation files that a virus checker might object to?

(2) I ran up your CD Ripper program anyway to try it out and it appeared to be OK. Do you think there might be something amiss with my installation as this particular part of it did not run?

I understand that other people have had similar problems installing earlier versions (pre rev 12) but my understanding was that you had addressed this?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Non specific virus reported in installer (false report?)

We have, the install is just a standard exe, all our programs are checked usng 4 virus checkers (the main 4), then uploaded to download.com where they are checkedI think against all the major ones + spyware scans, etc.

The programs are 100% clean. Perhaps email F-Prot and tell them they are detecting a false positive.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• math
      • Jul 2007

Re: Non specific virus reported in installer (false report?)

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, it occurred to me that I might be running an out of date version of the F-Prot engine. It turns out it is an old one, so I upgraded to the latest and the file is now reported as clean

Comment

Working...

]]>