title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I even begin? *DETAILS*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigshot1966
    • Jul 2007

How do I even begin? *DETAILS*

Okay so I have downloaded a audio book on limewire (sorry but I have already bought 2 and they got pricey). Anyways I need to know how to convert the file so that I can get it onto Itunes because it always has an error message that I cannot put it on the ipod because it can't play the file. I need to fix that so what do I convert the file into? I have tried before but for 3 hours it has done 0.0 percent so something must be wrong because I have a very fast and new computer. If you can help PLEASE DO!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: How do I even begin? *DETAILS*

Where is the audio book from? If it is from Audible, we cannot help you convert it. If it is not from Audible, then we might be able to help you. However, if you cannot play the file at all, then there is nothing we can do to help you.

Edit: Moved to dMC Support
    Last edited by LtData; July 16, 2007, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Is this a protected audio book? I think you might find it difficult to convert it if that is the case.

Can you play it on your PC? What format is the audio book in?

Wayne

Comment

• bigshot1966
        • Jul 2007

The audiobook is from limewire... I'm pretty sure its audible but it won't even play in itunes/media player, however it is an mp3. But all my other music goes onto my ipod just fine, why won't this?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

You need to be licensed to play Audible files, you might as well just delete the file as you are not authorized to play the file.

Comment

• bigshot1966
            • Jul 2007

wait..... how do i get authorization?

Comment

• bigshot1966
              • Jul 2007

and what do you mean audible? audible means able to hear so thats what i thought you meant... how can you tell if the file is from audible?????

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Sorry, I misunderstood you. You get authorization to play the file from the place it originally came from by purchasing it. If you just downloaded the file from Limewire, then you won't be able to get authorization and you might as well delete it.

Comment

Working...

]]>