title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with AAC/M4A encoding, neroaacenc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reardon
    • Mar 2006

Problem with AAC/M4A encoding, neroaacenc

Seems like there is a bug in the R5/R6 encoders. I have nero installed properly. Problem is that the wrapper for the Nero encoder does note properly quote the output file/directory, so names with spaces get munged. Verified this by looking at the debug output.

Basically just needs to put quotes around the filename after the -of parameter for neroaacenc.

+Reardon
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Problem with AAC/M4A encoding, neroaacenc

What exactly happens to you? I have multiple folders that have spaces in the path and the files themselves have spaces and the files are just fine.
    Last edited by LtData; July 15, 2007, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Reardon
      • Mar 2006

I have a source folder, C:\MUSIC\RIPS.

When I convert, I ask to convert to same folder.

The artist is, in this instance, Spoon, and the new album is "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga".

When I convert FLAC to M4A, I get two files, one which is zero-length but appropriately named in the right directory.

The other is named "Ga" with no extension, this is the actual m4a file as output by neroaacenc. It sits in C:\MUSIC\RIPS\Spoon.

The debug file generated by dMC shows the problem clearly, as it logs the actual commandline used (which lacks quotes)

+Reardon

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

I ran a conversion on a file with spaces in the name and path and there are no spaces in the command-line, it uses DOS-style names "DOCUME~1" instead of "Documents and Settings" and the like. I then did a test on another file which was similar to yours, as in it has two characters (01) and a space at the beginning of the filename. Looking at the filename, it removed the spaces and made it a dos-style filename for the output file.

Could you paste the part from the filename from the debug log, please?

Comment

• Reardon
          • Mar 2006

Here is some of the debug text. Note the problem at "Command Line" ...

->-> [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
          Converting to 'C:\MUSIC\RIPS\Handel\Sonatas - Arthur Grumiaux (1966)\01. Sonata in A Major Op 1 No 3 - Andante.m4a' encoder settings ' -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe" -cli_cmd="-q .5 -ignorelength -if - -of [outfile]" -selection="0,5,0,0"'
          Using Encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe'
          Command Line '-q .5 -ignorelength -if - -of C:\MUSIC\RIPS\Handel\Sonatas - Arthur Grumiaux (1966)\01. Sonata in A Major Op 1 No 3 - Andante.m4a'
          Input Wave Format:Format Tag: 1 Channels: 2 Bits per Sample: 16 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 176400 Block Align: 4 CB Size: 0
          Output Wave Format:Format Tag: 1 Channels: 2 Bits per Sample: 16 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 176400 Block Align: 4 CB Size: 0
          Passing Wave Header: Yes
          Using StdInput Pipe: Yes
          dBpoweramp Writing Tags: Yes
          <-<- [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
          Communicate [clDecoder::Get]
          Communicate [clEncoder::Get]
          Encoding To: m4a Nero (AAC)
          Encoder Cmd Line: -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe" -cli_cmd="-q .5 -ignorelength -if - -of [outfile]" -selection="0,5,0,0"
          ============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
          ============= CONVERSION END =============

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Which windows version do you have? it is supposed to use a short path name so the command line would something like:

Command Line '-q .5 -ignorelength -if - -of C:\MUSIC\RIPS\Handel\Sonata~1\ 01Sona~1.m4a'
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Reardon
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
              Which windows version do you have? it is supposed to use a short path name so the command line would something like:

Command Line '-q .5 -ignorelength -if - -of C:\MUSIC\RIPS\Handel\Sonata~1\ 01Sona~1.m4a'

[sorry for slow response]

XP sp2. Pretty clean at that, not much else installed. However, I do have
              NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation set to true (as well as NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate). Both of these are fairly common tweaks to improve NTFS performance. Now this doesn't mean that 8.3 names are unavailable, just the NTFS adjusts its behavior when creating them. I am not sure how this would affect you.

+Reardon
              Last edited by Reardon; July 31, 2007, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation set to true

That will be the problem, windows is not returning a short path with that option set.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Reardon
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                  >NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation set to true

That will be the problem, windows is not returning a short path with that option set.
                  Ok... but you agree it's a bug? This is actually a setting _recommended_ by Microsoft. Why not just put quotes around the fullpath?

+Reardon

Comment

Working...

]]>