title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

multi-cpu in multi-encoder mode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foylefamily
    • Aug 2007

Re: multi-cpu in multi-encoder mode

So if an MP3 file was bad why wouldn't the program throw it out and continue processing the next file... It shouldn't freeze up one processor...

I guess as I am in the computer industry myself, it seems surprising that the program would just freeze a processor when hitting an error, rather than just reporting the error and getting on with the next file... Sorry, it isn't that I don't appreciate the software, I wouldn't have purchased it if I felt like that, it is just surprising me that this would stop the process. I was thinking that perhaps it was something more serious, like another process came into the processor and kicked out the conversion process...

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I am just guessing, we are using a ton of 3rd party code to decode mp3 so cannot vouch for it, it could be the id tagging which is stalling, again 3rd party code.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foylefamily
        • Aug 2007

OK. Fair enough. I can live with that...

THe only thing I do when it happens is stop the process and restart it all, and it skips those that it has already done, and starts up again. It really isn't that big of a deal, just a bit of a pain that is all.

Thx.

Comment

• foylefamily
          • Aug 2007

I think I have found the problem where one of the CPUs stops processing. I was trying to copy all my music from one drive to another, when I started getting I/O errors on the drive I was using for conversions. So this may been the problem all the time. So, I ran a scandisk and that has sorted out the I/O issues, but I haven't needed to run dbpoweramp on the music but there is a high chance that was my problem all along.

Comment

Working...

]]>