title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tags for Ogg files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnTholiday
    • Apr 2007

Tags for Ogg files

Hello all,

I just started using Ogg Vorbis to rip CDs and am having trouble with song order in foobar2000. Any CDs with ten songs or more show out of order in the Album Library. Neither Musepack or MP3s experience this problem. For example, the Boston album "Walk On" has a total of ten tracks. Here is how that album appears in the Album List:

Boston - [1994 06 07] Walk On
    1/1.1/10. I Need Your Love
    1/1.10/10. We Can Make It
    1/1.2/10. Surrender to Me

and so on...

"We Can Make It" is track 10, why would the album list place it second? For CDs with more than 10 songs the album list will place tracks 10 and over right after the first track. Sorry if there is an obvious reason for this. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

I don't know if this is an issue with Foobar2000 or with the tagging of Ogg files.

BTW, I am using the auToV encoder but I don't think that should be an issue.

Thanks for any help. I also posted this on the hydrogenaudio foobar forum.

Thanks for any help!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Tags for Ogg files

Sounds like an issue in Foobar. Try going into the CD Ripper Options, then clicking the "Settings" beside ID Tag, and try padding the track number to 2 digits. Does this help?

In other words, I remember simple sorting methods will do as you said, 1, 10, 2, etc. But if you make it 01, 02, etc. then the order will be correct.

Comment

• SnTholiday
      • Apr 2007

Re: Tags for Ogg files

Thanks alot LtData, that worked!

Comment

Working...

]]>