title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How exactly are the values for [IFCOMP] and [IFMULTI] calculated?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walburga
    • Apr 2007

How exactly are the values for [IFCOMP] and [IFMULTI] calculated?

Can someone tell me exactly how are the values for [IFCOMP] and [IFMULTI] calculated?

I've been trying to use both of these variables in my naming string when using the 'Arrange Audio' Codec but it's not working the way I'd like.. they're always false. :confused:

For the record, the files I'm trying to rearrange are FLAC files that were not ripped by CD Ripper, but by EAC (and re-tagged by mp3tag v2.38).

I assumed [IFCOMP] would be set according to the "COMPILATION" tag, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Nor does [IFMULTI] seem to be set according to the presence (or lack thereof) of the "DISC" tag.

Or do these variables only work with ID3v2 tags, and not FLAC (ogg vorbis?) tags?

Or is this a bug?

Any clarification would be appreciated!

--Walburga
  • markeh
    • Apr 2007

Re: How exactly are the values for [IFCOMP] and [IFMULTI] calculated?

I'm not sure if I can help, but I had a similar problem with [IFCOMP]. I learned the following.

The "compilation" switch on the user interface doesn't effect [IFCOMP] at all, which I had expected it to. It only changes the display columns.

A compilation is a CD where there are multiple artists. dBpoweramp decides this for itself - you are not in control. I don't like switches that don't do anything or software where options are set by "hidden side effects", but that's how dBpoweramp works.

You can check to see if dBpoweramp decided that your cd is is a compilation by checking the metadata section of options - I seem to remember that this is only set after a rip is started.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

For arrange codec things are different. It will require a compilation tag set in the file to be picked up as a compilation.

For r12.3 we will look at these discrepencies. Also multi with arrange audio.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Walburga
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
        For arrange codec things are different. It will require a compilation tag set in the file to be picked up as a compilation.

For r12.3 we will look at these discrepencies. Also multi with arrange audio.
        Hi Spoon,

That actually my point - it doesn't seem to be picking up the compilation flag. At least, not in FLAC tags. (Haven't tried MP3s, so I can't speak for ID3v2 tags.)

Or, when you say "will require", are you referring to how it will work in the upcoming r12.3?

Also, in regards to "multi with arrange audio", are you referring to 'Multi Encoder' or 'IFMULTI'? Just curious, because I'd like to know how IFMULTI is supposed to work.

Thanks!

--Walburga
        Last edited by Walburga; July 01, 2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Refering to IFMULTI.

Which program created the flac files?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Walburga
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            Refering to IFMULTI.

Which program created the flac files?
            The FLACs were made by FLAC (spawned by EAC) and re-tagged by mp3tag v2.38.

The compilation CDs have both 'COMPILATION' and 'ITUNESCOMPILATION' tags set to "1". Non-Comp albums have NEITHER "Comp"-type tag at all.

In addition to keeping FLACs, I'm also planning on converting to mp3 (using dMC) and transferring to an iPod via Anapod Explorer [which recognizes the 'ITUNESCOMPILATION' tag during transfers to set the right tag in the iPod's XML Database].

The Multi-Disc albums have a "Disc" tag with the respective CD # (1, 2, 3) value, while non-Multi albums have NO "Disc" tag at all.

When I check the properties of the files, the ID-tags Tab does show the tags.. so dMC sees them.

I figured [IFCOMP] would be set according to the "COMPILATION" tag. Nor does [IFMULTI] seem to be set according to the presence (or lack thereof) of the "DISC" tag.

So, how does dMC determine [IFCOMP]?

Also, how should I be tagging them to get [IFMULTI] working properly?

Thanks for any help.

--Walburga

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

For multi you need the vorbis comment:

DISCNUMBER=1/2

if you just have:
              DISCNUMBER=2

then for the first cd it will not recognize it is a multi...

where 5 is the disc count. Again there is no standard for ogg and disc number to it is anyones guess how ou have it.

Compilation should work fine with compilation set to one, if you have a small flac send it to me please.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>