title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trying some Ogg command lines, but not working!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CheechOZ
    • Apr 2007

Trying some Ogg command lines, but not working!

I would like to use the CLI encoder to convert my Flac collection to Ogg Vorbis files. I want to use aoTuV b5 from the command line, so I can set the quality at exactly where I want. I don't want to use the lancer version, but just the regular compile of aoTuV b5. I tried a few tests, and I didn't get very good results! Can someone please give me the command line used with the CLI encoder to convert my Flac files to Ogg? I tried -q 7 - "[outfile]" but that just gave me a big error, then I used -q 7 "[infile]" "[outfile]" but then all the temp files were left in my directory! YOur help is appreciated, thanks!
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Trying some Ogg command lines, but not working!

try
    -q 7 -p 1 -i "[infile]" -o "[outfile]"
    Or, this might work:
    -q 7 -p 1 - -o "[outfile]"

The "-p 1" pads the file to allow for easier tagging.

Additionally, if the aoTuV encoder has the same parameters as the lancer .exe, which I believe it would, then you can simply install the lancer codec, replace the encoder .exe, and try to see if that works.

Comment

• CheechOZ
      • Apr 2007

lol, I did that, I changed the encoder path using the preset Lancer encoder, and pointed it to the regular aoTuV b5 encoder, and it worked! But I still would much rather use the CLI encoder though, as I want to enter my own quality string with more finer fractions then just 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, and so on! I'll try the commands you suggested, and I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks!

EDIT: Yep, this command worked perfectly: -q 7 -p 1 - -o "[outfile]" What does the -o mean? and, do I really need the -p 1 switch? Thanks!!
      Last edited by CheechOZ; June 28, 2007, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

The "-o" means what follows that switch is the output file path. Also, I'm not sure if you need the "-p 1" switch, but the dMC lancer codec uses it, so it couldn't hurt.

Comment

• CheechOZ
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LtData
          The "-o" means what follows that switch is the output file path. Also, I'm not sure if you need the "-p 1" switch, but the dMC lancer codec uses it, so it couldn't hurt.
          I did a test with the -p 1 switch and then without it, and all the difference was that the -p 1 switch gave me a reduction in encoding speed from 17x to 14x. Both albums were the exact size, and the tags were also identical. That switch must be specific to the lancer encoder I'm guessing!

Comment

Working...

]]>