title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping has slowed to a crawl!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demoleon
    • Apr 2006

Ripping has slowed to a crawl!

I have been using dBpowerAMP for several months and it has been great! Ripping at 35-40X I could rip and encode a CD in under 3 minutes in secure mode. Now all of the sudden it has ground to a halt and I'm lucky to get 15X. I haven't changed anything that I know of. I have tried both my drives and several different CDs to no avail. I have looked through the forum but haven't found anything to help. I just upgraded to 12.2 (I am a registered reference user) still no good. Also during ripping my mouse will stop responding for several minutes which never happened before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    John.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ripping has slowed to a crawl!

See here to check to see if your computer has dropped your optical drive to PIO mode: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4619

Comment

• demoleon
      • Apr 2006

That did the trick! Thanks a million. I wonder how that got changed?

John

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by demoleon
        That did the trick! Thanks a million. I wonder how that got changed?

John
        Windows does it automatically when it receives lots of errors on a PATA channel. Unfortunately, it doesn't know the difference between an disc-surface related error and a signaling error on the 80-conductor IDE cables for some reason. As far as I am aware, Windows is the only OS with this peculiar behavior.

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>