title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question about using "Secure Mode" with CD Ripper...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff66
    • Jun 2007

Question about using "Secure Mode" with CD Ripper...

Hello all.

I am new here and I just started using dBpowerAMP and so far I am loving it! I have used EAC for several years now and I thought I would give this program a try and I think I might have been convinced to switch to this permanently, at this point. I do have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to though... I am using the "secure mode" in the CD Ripper and I am unsure about a couple of settings while using this.

I have tried several CDs to detect the Drive Read Cache ability of my drive and for some reason it is telling me that it appears that the drive doesn't support this function or I am using a scratched CD. I know the CDs aren't scratched cuz some of them are brand new and when I have used EAC in the past, it said my drive was capable of this. So, I am kinda confused here....

Because of this, I am not able to test/detect the Clear Read Cache with FUA and C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection functions. Is this going to present a problem if in the process of ripping, dBpowerAMP detects errors and attempts to "correct" them? Or, will it still be able to do this if I am not able to enable any of these functions that I mentioned?

Thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Question about using "Secure Mode" with CD Ripper...

See here for more information about the dMC r12 CD ripper: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Question about using "Secure Mode" with CD Ripper...

What is the drive?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>