title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help a newbie with CLI Encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CheechOZ
    • Apr 2007

Help a newbie with CLI Encoder

I open up CD Grab, and it tells me to change the file extension in the CLI encoder folder. I go to the text document, open it with notepad, and I believe I am supposed to change it to whatever file I am encoding to, but it won't let me save the file! This is probably a simple thing, but what am I doing wrong?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Help a newbie with CLI Encoder

Do you have write access to the folder? What version of Windows are you using and do you have Administrator privileges?

Comment

• CheechOZ
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LtData
      Do you have write access to the folder? What version of Windows are you using and do you have Administrator privileges?
      I am running Vista Ultimate as the administrator, no other accounts on the PC! I have user account control enabled, but that doesn't seem to be the problem! Should I change user privileges for the file to full access?

[SIZE=3]UPDATE:[/SIZE]
      I gave the user full control of the file, and now it worked! I just don't understand this Vista, I am the admin, why does this still happen? :thumbdown
      Last edited by CheechOZ; June 22, 2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Because notepad is not run as administrator but rather limited access rights. But the appdata folder should not be limited in anway to any program...
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Actually, Spoon, I believe the CLI encoder.txt file is in the encoder folder in the dMC installation directory, hence the permissions problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>