title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pass Mp3s files from another program to dbpowerAMP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackcat
    • Jun 2007

Pass Mp3s files from another program to dbpowerAMP

hi..how do i send some selected mp3 files in Mp3tag to dbpowerAMP? The program should be able to pass the path of those selected mp3 files to external program so i was thinking if i could select some mp3s in it and send them to dbpowerAMP to do converting..i tried putting "MusicConverter.exe" path in mp3tag's setting and set other settings correctly but i left the parameter field blank thinking it's not required..but when i tried the send command, it didnt work apparently cos dbpowerAMP prompted me a browse dialog box asking me to select files to convert instead..what's the parameter i need to fill there?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Pass Mp3s files from another program to dbpowerAMP

I think you would have to use a script to call dMC to convert your files, as I believe the command-line interface just converts one file. Note that you need Reference to use either the command-line interface or scripting.

As for what you need to add to the command-line interface if you are doing it one at a time, see the included help file for mp3 to get all of the command-line parameters.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

For large groups of files, you cannot pass them indidually on the command line, but rather once using a text file (unicode) on the command line with a special command, but I don't think mp3tag can do that.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• blackcat
        • Jun 2007

command line..? im more interested in gui :blush:

seeing what i wanted to do isnt yet possible with current version of dbpoweramp, please consider that as my suggestion for the program improvement..

thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>