title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reference version sample rate conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rf_onair
    • Jun 2007

Reference version sample rate conversion problem

Hi! :-)

I used the trial version of the latest Reference dMC (R12.1) to convert a number of MP2 audio files to WAV. These MP2 files were compressed using our Digigram-card's algorithm at our local radiostation, and I resampled them from the original 48KHz to 44,1 for the files to be CD-Audio compatible. The conversion speed on a brand new Core2Duo E6420 was incredible (114X realtime), but the resulting wav files sounded "metallic". I also tried to convert a number of fine 48KHz MP3-files to 44,1KHz WAV using Reference dMC and also got the metallic result. However, if I didn't resample the file to 44,1khz the resulting WAV file sounded just fine.

On an older PC (AthlonXP 2000+) using an older registered dMC there was no problem converting and resampling the same file to 44,1KHz WAV, but of course it was much slower (about 5X realtime).

So I guess it could be a bug in the Reference version's resampler.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reference version sample rate conversion problem

Run dBpoweramp Configuration >> Music Converter tab and switch on Professional Frequency Conversion.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rf_onair
      • Jun 2007

Re: Reference version sample rate conversion problem

Thanks a lot! :-) That worked fine! The conversion speed sank to an average of 22X but the result was great. I think you should enable this function by default, especially in this high-end Reference version.

Thanks again! :-)

Comment

Working...

]]>