title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Changing the temp folder in R12.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xophe
    • Jun 2007

Changing the temp folder in R12.1

I have played with the trial version of R12.1 reference in the last few days and it is exactly what I need. So I'll be buying a license soon. But there is one thing I am finding frustrating: how do you change the temp folder used by DMC and DSP? Points to C:\Documents and Settings\Xophe\Local Settings\Temp on my machine. I need to convert hundreds of mp4 movies into mp3 - lose the picture obviously! - with normalisation DSP turned on so my HD is getting hit badly by the intermediate conversion to WAV (getting 1G+ temp WAV files). If I could change the temp folder path I could use a RAM DISK for it (I have got 4GB of mem so could easily allocate 2 GB to it).

Thx.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Changing the temp folder in R12.1

Press the Windows Key + Break, then Advanded System Settings >> Environment Settings >> change

tmp to your ram disk and temp also.

Reboot.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Xophe
      • Jun 2007

Thx Spoon! Is this 'feature' documented anywhere? I have been through the official docs, all the FAQs on this forum and searched the internet and found nothing. It seems though that in previous versions of DMC if you installed the powerpack there was an 'obvious' button in one of the config screen to achieve this.

Thx again!

Comment

• Xophe
        • Jun 2007

Ok I am in fact changing the location of my temp directory on a 'global' basis - i.e. DMC and other apps I use. It's not perfect though. I think it would be better if we could change the temp dir used by DMC without having to mess up with the WINDOWS environment variables - i.e. a new entry in the DMC config screen. Maybe I'll add an entry in the wish list section of this forum.

I am fussy I know. Great product anyway!

Thx.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

For R13 we are hoping to add that option, it requires all DSPs to be updated.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>