title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp & Lame 3.97

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ekstasis
    • Jun 2007

dBpoweramp & Lame 3.97

Hello, I'm very new to dBPoweramp Reference, besides it's by far the best cd ripper in the world I have also noticed that you can chose between 3 different encoding algorithms from slow, normal, fast, this leads me to my question, is the lame version in dBpoweramp a modified version of the original Lame 3.97 Final ? (besides a different compile).

I thought Lame only used one specific algorithm for one specific command line, for instance -V2 --vbr-new uses one specific encoding algorithm ?. I just want to be sure that I follow the "correct" version/standard. Or is this simply an function with the original Lame 3.97 that you can choose these 3 different encoding algorithms ? If you use the "Slow" encoding algorithm how will this affect the command line input which Lame 3.97 uses ?
    There must be some kind of change in the command line, otherwise how would Lame know what encoding algorithm to use (fast,normal,slow) ?

Please explain to me, I have been looking around on the forum, and there still seams to be a lot of confusion on this subject, so it would be good if spoon or anyone else with the knowledge could explain for us please.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp & Lame 3.97

It also has -q (off the top of my head) which reltes to slow, normal, fast
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TechVsLife
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2007

Perhaps there should be option to show the complete and exact parameters it is passing to LAME (or other third-party library).

Originally posted by Spoon
      It also has -q (off the top of my head) which reltes to slow, normal, fast

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Our usage of Lame is direct, ie not the .exe or .dll. If you enable dBpoweramp debug, then you can see the output configuration from Lame its self.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TechVsLife
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2007

Okay, then perhaps there should be an option to show the configuration being used as Lame or other library sees it, regardless of how that code is compiled (without having to switch to a special debug mode).

Originally posted by Spoon
          Our usage of Lame is direct, ie not the .exe or .dll. If you enable dBpoweramp debug, then you can see the output configuration from Lame its self.

Comment

Working...

]]>