title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auxiliary Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Java
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2005

Auxiliary Input

I copied all thie files from my old cp and installed them on my new cp. When I try to convert to wave there is no sound, I tried to test the sound on the vu meter but nothing is working there.

I might add that I had an older converter downloaded I believe it was 11. I see there is a new converter. Would it be advisable from me to unistall what I have now and install the new 12.version.

When I click on options these are the ones I have quesitons about.

Auto start record after vu is over: 10%for 750ms box unchecked
    Auto end when vu drops below 10%for3000ms box unchecked

Record using: Default is there

Input microphone (Sigma tel hi def)
    rear mich. (singma Tel Hi Dif.)
    Line in (sigma tel hi def)

Input source Select is there and it will not change

44.1 KHz(cd quality) 16 in the next box in the next box (stero appears)
    Called dell and tried to find out from them about the sound system and all the tech told me was that is was built into the system.

Didn't have much trouble with my old cp

I hate to think that I cannot use the converter. Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Auxiliary Input

No, do not update to r12, as Aux Input will not work with r12.

Did you look over the tips here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 ?

Comment

• Java
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2005

LtData thanks for your input I have read the items on the link. I have a question aout the "dmc - Options Box" where it sez input source box "select", what is supposed to be there. When I click on that area it does not change.

Also I have converter 11.5 installed which worked fine on my old cp. On this Sigma Tel sound system everything is different. Under the recording box where it sez line in "Sima Tel High Def audio Codec currentley not available.

The problem I have now is that when I try to convert to wa ve the approptiate boxes come up converter and vu meter but there is no sound getting there.

I guess I will not be able to use your site any longer and I do appreciate everyone's past and current help

Java

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You new comp is running Vista, correct? That might have something to do with your problems, as I seem to remember something about Vista's sound architecture is different than XP's. However, this bears more investigating.
        Also, you might want to continue to check back, as when Aux Input is ported to r12, you problem might be fixed.

Comment

• Java
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2005

Where I would I look for this? Thanks

Also, you might want to continue to check back, as when Aux Input is ported to r12, you problem might be fixed.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Watch the beta section of this forum.

Comment

• Java
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jul 2005

Hello again, I read some of the beta, and did run one d/l but it did not help.

I did find the below:
              [COLOR=Red]
              Input Source sets which part of the sound card is used (sound cards might have Line-In, Mic and many other ports), click Select and place a tick mark under the input to be recorded, if using the Line-In place a tick mark into the Select box under Line In. [/COLOR]

From what I can determine sigma tel sold its interests to a firm named Intergrated Audio. I cannot locate them. I did notice that in the options record using etc. it was set at default with three others listed in the drop down micraphone rear mic and line in which said it was not working i did get changed to line in, but made no difference. Where it sez above if using line in to put a tick mark under the input to be recorded and a tick mark and if using line in a tick mark in the select box..

I do not see any place to put a tick mark under the input to be recorded and when I click on select nothing happens. While I am not sure of this I would have to assume that alot of this is the reason that I am getting no sound to convert.

I believe you mentioned that the new version 12? could not be loaded in vista
              Well, thanks and may someday I can come back for now I am have become to frustrated to continue on. I am 71+ and have no patience.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

I meant watch the beta forum for when Aux Input is released as beta, it has not yet been released yet.

I apologize for not being able to help you better, as Vista has made some small changes over XP, but its just enough to confuse a person until they are familiar with it.

Comment

• Java
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2005

this is not your fault at all, I have always received excellent information and help when needed.

Will be on the beta forum lookout.

Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>