title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Long Pause while encoding - Why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillP
    • May 2007

Long Pause while encoding - Why?

I have been using dBpoweramp Ripper for about a month, first the trial version and now a registered version. I am encoding to FLAC Compression Level 5. When I started using the ripper, the rip and encode process was relatively smooth and quick (a couple of minutes per song). However, in the past week the process has slowed down. The ripping phase is still quick, and encoding progresses pretty quickly - until a song hits 99% encoded.. Then the process seems to hang for a LONG time, sometimes as long as 5 minutes. The software is still running and the elapsed time indicator is incrementing, but the individual songs will stay at 99% or 100% encoded for a very long time before completing. I am using Accuraterip - is there any chance that querying their database is causing a long pause, or any other suggestions? The process of ripping and encoding that used to take 5 - 10 minutes per CD is now taking 40 - 50 minutes per CD. Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Long Pause while encoding - Why?

Are you sure your dMC is registered? Start --> Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration to make sure your status is registered.

Next, you say you are ripping a CD to your hard drive. It is an internal drive, correct? It sounds like the problem is in tag writing, since it pauses at 99% completed.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Long Pause while encoding - Why?

Plus tracks can sit at 99% whilst another track is encoded, it is just the pickup of finsihed encoded tracks that has a lower priority than ripping its self. Unless it is at 99% and not ripping the next one.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>