title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some codecs don't work with the 12.1 version

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmvinas
    • Nov 2006

Some codecs don't work with the 12.1 version

For what I have read in the Forum, these codecs will be added later on. The problem is that I cannot convert, for example, an ape file into a wav one, since the converter doesn't recognize the format. Do you have any idea on how to solve the problem meanwhile the codecs are added?
    Thanks for your help.
    Josep M. Viñas
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Some codecs don't work with the 12.1 version

The codecs in the main Codec Central are for versions r12 and greater, so r12.1 is supported. Are you saying a codec you installed from Codec Central isn't working in r12.1? You might want to try re-downloading it and installing it again.

Comment

• jmvinas
      • Nov 2006

Even after downloading the new Codecs, they don't appear in the list of the CD writer. However, they do in the MC. I rebooted the PC but the result was the same. What is happening?
      Thanks for your help.
      Josep M.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Ahh. The CD Writer needs dMC r11.5, it is not compatible with dMC r12. See here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Basically, you need to uninstall dCW, install it to a different directory, and then install codecs from Legacy Codec Central to that directory. Legacy Codec Central is linked to from the main Codec Central.

Comment

• jmvinas
          • Nov 2006

Mi
          many thanks for your answer. I have installed the 12.1 version and the new Codecs. However they don't appear in the CD writer when -theoretically- they should. Even more. When installing the most recent Codecs amessage appears telling me that they are not compatible with versions 12 and above. How can you manage this mess? There is something wrong: either the 12.0 version is not that, or the new Codecs are not so new. Please: clarify the web page, allow to download old versions, otherwise -as far as I have seen in the forum- many people will let aside your beautiful program -since it really is- and go to Nero or some other, expensive and with much less performances than the dbPowerAMP.
          Josep M. Viñas

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

In the past, dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) and its sister programs (Sveta, CD Writer, and dB Audio Player) all worked from the same set of codecs and all were installed in the same location.

With dMC r12 and later versions this is no longer true. dMC r12 and later is NOT compatible with any of the sister programs. The sister programs require an earlier version of dMC. You end up needing separate installations-one for dMC r12 or later, one for dMC r11.5 (or earlier) and the sister programs. So the first thing you need to do is to make sure that you have dMC r12 and dMC r11.5 installed to different folders on your hard drive. Do not install dMC r12 or later in the same folder as CD Writer-install it in its own folder. The instructions for how this should work are described on the compatibility page here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm .

dMC r12 and later uses later versions uses a different set of codecs from the earlier versions of dMC and the sister programs. The codecs for dMC r12 and later are to be found either in Codec Central (here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm) or they are in beta testing in the Beta section of the forum (ALL beta codecs are strictly for dMC r12 or later). These codecs should be installed in the same folder as dMC r12.

The codecs for dMC r11.5 (and earlier) and for the sister programs are to be found in Legacy Codec Central here:
            http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy/cod...ral-legacy.htm .

When installing these codec you need to make sure that they are installed in the same folder as dMC r11.5.

Because CD Writer is associated with the earlier version of dMC, it requires the correct Legacy codecs from Legacy Codec Central. Any codecs installed in dMC r12 or later will make no difference to CD Writer because, from your systems standpoint, these are 2 entirely different programs. If you want to convert an Ape file in CD Writer for burning in regular CD format, you need the Legacy Ape codec and it needs to be in the same folder as dMC r 11.5 and CD Writer. Installing the Ape Codec from Codec Central into dMC r12 (or later) will not make any difference.

This is admittedly a somewhat confusing situation. Eventually the sister programs will be updated to be compatible with dMC r12 (and later). Then the situation will be much easier.

I hope I have made this clearer. If you have more questions on any of this, please feel free to post.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>