title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A very strange thing happened

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnTholiday
    • Apr 2007

A very strange thing happened

Hi,

I have been using dbpoweramp for a few weeks now without a problem. Last night I tried to rip the CD Hotel California and the strangest thing happened. I am using freedb to get CD info, and the first song (Hotel California) showed a
    length of 355:355, or something like that. The file size was over 2GB. I thought this was just a problem with the freedb database and started the rip. Immediately Windows displayed an error message that dbpoweramp
    has stopped and will need to close. I tried the rip again and the same thing
    immediately happens as soon as dbpoweramp is started. Now every rip I attempt stops the application.

I am using Vista Home basic, and have the Ogg, (includes auToV encoder)
    Musepack, and m4a codecs installed. I tried to eliminate the codecs by uninstalling them one by one, but this did not help. Neither did a system reboot.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: A very strange thing happened

What format were you attempting to rip to? What version of dMC are you using?

Comment

• SnTholiday
      • Apr 2007

I am using version 12, and the format I was using is m4a (nero digital).

BTW, this happened shortly after I added the m4a codec, but I did have several successful rips using it.
      Last edited by SnTholiday; May 03, 2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Click the Options button, scroll down to the "CD ROM" section and change the "Communication" setting to "Windows Internal".

Comment

• SnTholiday
          • Apr 2007

Thanks, I'll try that.

Comment

Working...

]]>