title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AMG subscription not allowing access

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edor
    • May 2007

AMG subscription not allowing access

Problem: AMG has not updated and hence have no access.

1) Purchased dbPoweramp standard version and as instructed on your website installed it OVER the existing free trial; and rebooted.

then 2) As instructed on your website after purchasing one year AMG subscription, I installed from .exe file link in confirmation email. Going to the Configuration screen in dbPower it still shows that AMG is expired.

I have vanilla installation of dbPower and it is allowed to automatically access internet. When working with trial ID tags would populate, now while in CD Ripper with a popular CD the Track titles are just the generic Track 1 Track 2 etc. and except for Length no other ID information is showing.

Thanks for the help
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AMG subscription not allowing access

If dBpoweramp Configuration shows your AMG subscription as expired, even after installing the one-year subscription, then something went wrong. What OS are you using? Are you running as an Administrator?

As for the meta-data, if AMG isn't working, the CD Ripper should then check freeDB. If you click the "Meta" button, does anything happen?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You installed the AMG package to the same location as dBpoweramp (if you changed the default install folder)?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rock Lobster!
        • May 2007

I'm having the exact same problem. Bought the MP3 License and Power Pack, installed over the trial, restarted, installed the AMG License to the same directory. Still says expired in the Configuration.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Try a total uninstall as described here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

Comment

• Rock Lobster!
            • May 2007

Tried that. Uninstalled dMC, the AMG license, codecs, deleted the dbpoweramp folder, and the key in the registry, restarted, reinstalled, nada.

I'm thinking the reason this might not have worked is that when I tried deleting the dbpoweramp folder, it was unable to delete the dbshell.dll file. Any insight?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Did you reboot after uninstalling?

Comment

• Rock Lobster!
                • May 2007

Yes. I meant reboot, but typed restart.

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

IIRC, you have to reboot and then delete the folder. Try this, mabye?

Comment

• edor
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by LtData
                    If dBpoweramp Configuration shows your AMG subscription as expired, even after installing the one-year subscription, then something went wrong. What OS are you using? Are you running as an Administrator?

As for the meta-data, if AMG isn't working, the CD Ripper should then check freeDB. If you click the "Meta" button, does anything happen?
                    LTData ... thanks for response. I am using XP Pro and am logged in as Administrator. Given problems Rock Lobster is having I suspect that dbPower is really messed up regarding AMG. I have not uninstalled to the level that Rock Lobster did, but have tried the following with no luck.
                    1) Uninstall of dbPower via the Uninstall feature that comes with the program (it left all of the Folder/sub folders in ProgramFiles and I did NOT delete these. 2) Did a reboot. 3) Purchased a new (second) subscription to AMG, however it had the same file name as the one earlier today. 4) Used it to install AMG, however dbPower still shows that AMG is expired.

When in CD ripper and "asking" it to retrieve from FreeDB nothing populates - true for a few popular CDs that I'd think are in FreeDB.

For all of my installs I allowed the installer to put things where it wanted. I do see a couple of AMG files (.bmp and .ini) in the Illustrate\dbPoweramp subfolder.

I use Firefox as browser and have DSL so am always able to see internet (well at least 99% of the time).

Thanks for the help - dbPower should be paying you for what they should be doing themselves.

Edward

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Redownload from the link provieded in the email (not the dBpoweramp install, but the Registered AMG install), the file on our server had become corrupted.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Rock Lobster!
                        • May 2007

Thanks a million. Worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...

]]>