title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Acces denied when I try to rename a folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digitalb
    • Nov 2006

Acces denied when I try to rename a folder

I just ripped a cd box set. I tried to rename the top folder with all the 4 disks in it and it won't let me. it says: access denied, make sure the disk isnt right protected or being used by another program. It is neither one of those things. Any ideas?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Acces denied when I try to rename a folder

So you tried to rename the folder that contained all 4 discs and it didn't let you? Did you have a program accessing those files? You tried to rename it after the ripping was completed, correct? What version of Windows are you using?

Comment

• digitalb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by LtData
      So you tried to rename the folder that contained all 4 discs and it didn't let you? Did you have a program accessing those files? You tried to rename it after the ripping was completed, correct? What version of Windows are you using?
      Im using XP sp2. Yes I tried to rename AFTER the ripping was completed. I have no programs running in backround or trying to access the file either.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Question: after you get the error, if you want 5 minutes or so and try again, without closing the window, can you rename it then? What if you reboot and then try?

Comment

Working...

]]>