title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DVD flac to CD-R?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Renae
    • May 2007

DVD flac to CD-R?

(I realize this is a pitifully stupid question, and I've tried searching around but I didn't really quite get/understand the answers.)

Ok how do I get audio flac on a DVD burned onto a CD-R? What do I download, then after I download it what do I do from there generally speaking? Not asking for step-by-step instructions or anything. Just need to be pointed in the right direction. I run Windows XP.

Thanks to any & all in advance.

Best,
    Renae
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: DVD flac to CD-R?

If you just burned the FLAC files to the DVD as data files, then you just need to install dMC and then the FLAC codec. What you do after then depends on what your trying to do. Do you want an audio CD, or just a CD-R with data FLAC files on it?

Comment

• Renae
      • May 2007

Hi,

I'm wanting a audio cd.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Then the easiest thing to do is to use dMC to convert your files to a format that your CD burning software understands, such as WAV, and then have the burning software burn the WAV files to an audio CD.

Comment

• StomperX
          • May 2007

That is great. I was wondering how to burn .FLAC music files to CD-R. This is great stuff.

So, what I'm understanding is that, with dB I need to convert the .FLAC files to .WAV then burn onto CD-R, right?

Thanks in advance!

StomperX :smile2:

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Not quite. You cannot just burn a data CD with WAV files, you need to have your CD burning software burn the WAV files to an Audio CD. Just pick "Audio CD" as the CD type when you start the CD burning software.

Comment

• StomperX
              • May 2007

Hi LT,

Thank you :komisch9: It makes sense now.

Flac to .Wav -> Burn w/favorite software and select "Audio CD" for burning.

Sweet! Thank you so much!

StomperX :smile2:

Comment

Working...

]]>