title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripping lots of CDs??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markeh
    • Apr 2007

ripping lots of CDs??

OK - just got an iPod. Time to rip.

I just took an estimate - between 800 and 900 cds. I'm not going to do all of them, but over time I would like to do a lot.

My computer has 2 built-in drives, plus I have 2 external drives. Presumably all could be used at the same time, not sure if that's a good idea.

So... what is the best strategy to use dbpamp to rip a lot of CDs in the shortest time.

Thanks,
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ripping lots of CDs??

It depends, do you want to rip to lossy m4a or to a lossless format for archiving purposes?

If you want good archival copies, go with Secure mode, if you have Powerpack or Reference, and Ultra Secure, if you have Reference. Configure AccurateRip before starting the ripping marathon.

If you just want speed, go with Burst mode, but still configure AccurateRip.

Comment

• markeh
      • Apr 2007

Thanks, but my question was more along the lines of if its possible to use multiple CD drives simultaneously.

Does it work, is it faster??

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, if the your computer is fast enough to encode 2x to the final format at the speed which your two drives rip.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• digitalb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by markeh
          OK - just got an iPod. Time to rip.

I just took an estimate - between 800 and 900 cds. I'm not going to do all of them, but over time I would like to do a lot.

My computer has 2 built-in drives, plus I have 2 external drives. Presumably all could be used at the same time, not sure if that's a good idea.

So... what is the best strategy to use dbpamp to rip a lot of CDs in the shortest time.

Thanks,
          Here are a few suggestions:Put a check in the boxes: "Enable auto rip on disk insert" in powerpack. Also auto eject when rip finished. Add more RAM in your computer if you can afford it, it's pretty cheap for most desktops. Ihave 2gb of ram and it only takes 1 minute to rip a cd! When I had 512mb of ram it took almost 5 minutes. I've ripped 1200 cd's in a row and it took less than a week.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

digitalb: the "auto rip on insert" isn't in dMC r12 and is expected back in r13.

Comment

Working...

]]>