title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Registration

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justacafe
    • Apr 2007

Registration

I just paid for the registration and when I installed the new program (registered), it said the existing installation was "newer" than the one I had just received and was trying to install. :thumbdown The existing version was r12, and the registered version was r11.5. What's up with that? How do you contact these people? Thanks?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Registration

First, please don't send private messages for support, just post in the forums.

Second, you downloaded the version that was linked to in the e-mail and it was dMC r11.5? Which package did you purchase?

Comment

• justacafe
      • Apr 2007

Thanks for replying, and sorry about the email. I purchased the dbPowerAmp Music Converter. The actual filename is: dMC-r12.1-Registered.exe and I don't understand why it reverted back to r11.5 upon install. It clearly says r12.1 in the filename. Any suggestions? If I reinstall the r12.1 version, do I lose my registration?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• justacafe
        • Apr 2007

Here's an update. One thing I've noticed since the install is that when I mouse-over an .m3u playlist file, it no longer shows the list of songs in that playlist which I think is a great feature. How can I get that back?

When I installed the registered file yesterday, it clearly said that my current version was 12.1, and the registered version was 11.5. I just right clicked on the "Music Converter" executable and clicked on properties. It says that the version is 12.1 which is somewhat mysterious. Why did it tell me I was going back to an older version yesterday during install? I'm not a newbie with computers, for the record. I've been using them since 1988 when I got my first 286 machine and used DOS instead of Windows. I still use a lot of those old commands to do various things.

I just wanted you to know that I'm not pulling your leg when, during that install yesterday, it did say that I was installing an older version. I would also like to find out how to get back that feature of listing the songs in an .m3u playlist file. Thanks for your help.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I don't believe that dMC r12 supports playlists right now, though I may be mistaken.

Check dBpoweramp (or dMC) Configuration to see what your current installed version is. It is located in the Start Menu under Programs --> dBpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dBpoweramp Configuration. What version number do you see there? If it says r12.1, then I don't know why you got that error. If it says anything older than r12.1, try re-installing from the r12.1 Registered .exe.

Comment

• justacafe
            • Apr 2007

Very interesting!!! When I go to the dBpoweramp Configuration, it shows the Music Converter as r12.1, but then it also shows the Audio Player as not being installed. [ Install] is what is shown. However, I did finally read the caveat on the Audio Player download page: "Release 12 of Music Converter is a significant step forward, a complete redesign. Architectural differences between Release 12 and previous (last major R11.5) of dBpoweramp render the above mentioned programs incompatible with Release 12. Illustrate are working hard to update the mentioned programs to the new design, until then follow this work around to obtain a working R12 and 'legacy' installation:"

So, assuming that I read this correctly, there is a conflict going on right?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Well, if you follow the legacy instructions, dAP and dMC r12 are in different directories, so they are not aware of each other.

Comment

Working...

]]>