title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Compilation tag not recognized by iTunes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Positive
    • Apr 2007

Compilation tag not recognized by iTunes

Hi,
    I'm ripping with the latest version of dbPoweramp, using Flac. When ripping compilations the compilation tag is set to 1 by dbPoweramp. Looking at the files the tag looks fine (included and set to 1). However, when looking at file information in iTunes it is not marked as part of a compilation. Obviously this clutters my iPod artists list, and I have to manually mark comilation albums in iTunes before syncing my iPod.

Is there a known issue with compilation tags not being treated correctly by iTunes, or do I do something wrong when ripping my albums...?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Compilation tag not recognized by iTunes

FLAC has no standard for compliation, we will be creating a compilation tag with the value of 1.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Positive
      • Apr 2007

Re: Compilation tag not recognized by iTunes

I failed to inform that I batch convert all my flac files to mp3, and that it is the mp3 library iTunes is referring to. The converted mp3 files do contain a compilation tag (value == 1), but this is not recognized by iTunes. Doesn't mp3 have support for a compilation tag either? Or is there an issue with the flac->mp3->iTunes value chain?

Comment

Working...

]]>