title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripper crashes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy71
    • Apr 2007

ripper crashes

Hi guys,

Love the ripper, i'm just having one problem that is a pain. The ripper randomly and occasionally crashes in the middle of a CD that is not damaged. Everything will be fine through several CDs and then i'll get to one where it will rip a couple of tracks and then stop (again, not a damaged CD). The program crashes and will not respond to task manager, only a hard restart will work. If I do a hard restart I can then begin ripping where i left off and it will work for the rest of the CD or sometime only a couple of tracks, crash, hard restart etc.

I'm using the free trial version on a pretty new HP computer with 32 bit Vista home premium.

I can't cut an paste from the clip board but the basic error message says it can't read the CD.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,
    Andy
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ripper crashes

Are you running as an Administrator? Try clicking the Options button, scrolling down to "CD ROM" and changing the "Communication" option to "Windows Internal". Does this help?

Comment

• andy71
      • Apr 2007

thanks for the reply - its late now so I'll give it a try tomorrow. Need to rip a bunch of CDs since the problem occurs randomly.

Thanks for the support, nice to know there are folks here to help.

Andy

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Also, try dMC r12.1, as it fixes many bugs in r12

Comment

• andy71
          • Apr 2007

Thanks for the additional tip, I am already using version 12.1. I made the change you suggested and it seems to have worked. I've ripped about 15 CDs tonight with no crashes. So it looks like the problem is solved.

Other than the ability to control the drive speed, am I losing any important functionality?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You lose C2 error checking and the ability to read the technical details of your drive. Other than that, I don't believe anything else is lost.

Out of my curiosity, is your CD drive a SATA drive?

Comment

Working...

]]>