title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.ra to .mp3 problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outcast
    • Apr 2007

.ra to .mp3 problems

I have 11.5 and i downloaded directshow and installed real player(also tried real alernative...) and I did all the configure stuff and check the dbpoweramp configuration and it all shows up good but when I go to convert it says that the codec for real player not there.. so i went to check and it isnt.. so anyway I can get the real audio(.ra) codec???

thanks a bunch
    Tim
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: .ra to .mp3 problems

You need to install Real Alternative to get the program that allows Real files to be decoded via DirectShow. As a test, can you play your .ra file in Windows Media Player?

Comment

• outcast
      • Apr 2007

I can't play them in windows media player.. only the real alterntive and I just uninstalled real player and dbpoweramp and reisntalled the real alterntive and still doesnt work... so I don't know what wrong.. :/ i check my directx and it all up to date.. so i really don't know why it is not working.. i am not getting any errors when i install only the one when i try to convert..

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try reinstalling RealAlternative and make sure the "RealMedia DirectShow Splitter" is installed.

Alternatively, what size is your .ra file? Can you play it in Media Player Classic?

Comment

• outcast
          • Apr 2007

the size of the real audio file is 24mb and I can play it in real altern. I use to be able to convert them until I tried upgrading :P and I know I had that splitter thing for directshow clicked
          Last edited by outcast; April 13, 2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You installed the DirectShow Decoder from Legacy Codec Central, correct? Also, .ra, .ram, etc. show up in dMC Configuration, correct?

Comment

• outcast
              • Apr 2007

I got the decoder from this url

First release for R12: <released> 222KB DirectShow is used by Windows Media Player, filters are installed allowing Media Player to decode audio files it would not normally be able to decode. ============== See the Real Audio and AC3 page in Codec Central, install the correct filters first before installing

but i just installed the old ra decoder and it works fine now.. i was just hopen to get the newer one so it would convert faster

Tim

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

The new converter was for r12 only, it doesn't work for r11.5. Just for future reference, you must get all of your dMC codecs from Legacy Codec Central, which is linked to from the main Codec Central.

Comment

Working...

]]>