title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

reinstalled dmc, now i can't see most id tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reflector
    • Sep 2002

reinstalled dmc, now i can't see most id tags

hi!
    i had been using dmc audio converter for a while. i liked the fact that i could see info about a song in windows explorer just by clicking on it. i think they're called id v2 tags or something like that. i'm using win98se.

anyhow, i uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. now i can only see the id tags on very few songs. before i could see id tags for just about every song i had.

how can i fix this?
    thanks!
  • MODatic
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Have a tinker with the options in dBpowerAMP Music Converter>>Configuration>>DMC Configuration.

The most likely culprit is that the Explorer ID Tag Property Pages have been disabled. Reenable by checking its checkbox and hitting OK.

Comment

• reflector
      • Sep 2002

i actually looked at this configuration window earlier. the problem is, i can't do anything! the check box is greyed out!

Comment

• MODatic
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Whoops my mistake... I forgot, for stability reasons, the option to have the ID Tag editing on the properties page was disabled for Windows 9x (95, 98, 98SE & ME).

To access the tag editor on Windows 98, you can either right click on the file then hit edit tag or right click on it and hit Convert to then select [Edit Tag]

Comment

• reflector
          • Sep 2002

hm, i think i'm still missing something.

i don't need to edit tags, i just want to be able to see them in windows explorer. they don't show up anymore (most of them).

also, right clicking on a file does not give the option to edit a tag, even on the few songs for which i can see tags.

Comment

• MODatic
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

When you say see, do you mean in the yellow pop up tool tip or on the properties page or elsewhere? Have you made sure that the first two options to the left in dMC configuration are enabled?

Comment

• reflector
              • Sep 2002

well, in a windows explorer window on my system, it's a kind of split window, 3/4 or the width of the window on the right is a listing of files in the directory. 1/4 of the width of the window on the left is a space that shows info about a file when i highlight the file in the listing (from the right part of the window).

yes, both of the checkboxes are checked now, but it doesn't help.

Comment

• MODatic
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2002

That sounds like the way I had it working when I was on 98. So I would assume that if you went to View under Explorer, as web would have a tick beside it. I know that dMC isn't designed to use the extra column that viewing as a web adds. Do you get a yellow tool tip when you hover over the files? with view as web turned on or off?

Also, you can only see info about a file if its dMC codec is installed. eg. You can't see many details about a monkey's audio file if the monkey's audio codec isn't installed. Have you installed all your codecs that you previously had? What's different about the files that you can see ID tag info about?

Good luck to you, it's getting late over here and I must sleep :yawn:
                Last edited by MODatic; November 10, 2002, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• reflector
                  • Sep 2002

aha! i guess the problem was that the files i don't see id tags for are ogg files...

i re-installed the ogg codec and now the id tags show up in explorer! thanks so much modatic!

yes it's getting late here too, and i'm in the us, lol. good night!

Comment

• MODatic
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2002

Glad to help. I'm happy it's all working for you now

Comment

Working...

]]>