title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Accuraterip questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2007

Accuraterip questions

Hi,

I have some Accuraterip questions, I hope I can have an answer to all 3 of them:

- is it true dbpoweramp reference doesn't do the ultra-secure passes when at the first ripping pass, the CRC of the track was identical to the CRC of the tracks in the accuraterip database?

- how many tracks in the Accuraterip database have to be identical to your track beforce dbpoweramp tells your rip was accurate?

- what exactly does the offset of your CD drive do when this is set after configuring Accuraterip? Does the offset only influences CD's that are in the Accuraterip database and you want to rip OR does it also influences CD's you want to rip but that are NOT in the Accuraterip database?

thanks in advance!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Accuraterip questions

1) Correct
    2) One matching track for each track ripped
    3) CD drives need their offset finding so the results across different drives matches.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dude
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      2) One matching track for each track ripped
      But why is written somewhere on the site is has to be at least 3 matching tracks? I'm confused now.

Originally posted by Spoon
      3) CD drives need their offset finding so the results across different drives matches.
      But what if Accuraterip isn't configured yet, so you don't have the correct offset, what will happen to rips of CD's then? Can they still be accurate if you haven't configured Accuraterip, so if you're ripping without a CD drive offset? I ask this because I don't have a key disc, so no CD drive offset is configured and I was wondering what effect this has on my rips :(

thanks in advance!

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You can't use AccurateRip until you configure it. Configuring AccurateRip just consists of finding the offset. All that it means is that you cannot use AccurateRip to check your rips, it doesn't impact the quality of your rips.

None of the CDs you have are key discs? You've tried them all?

Comment

• Dude
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LtData
          You can't use AccurateRip until you configure it. Configuring AccurateRip just consists of finding the offset. All that it means is that you cannot use AccurateRip to check your rips, it doesn't impact the quality of your rips.
          thanks for making this clear! I was a bit confused

None of the CDs you have are key discs? You've tried them all?
          yes, unfortunately no CD works :(

So when I found a CD that is a key disc, how many tracks do have to match my own track to be considered accurate? On the forum somebody told 1, but on the website is written 3. What's the correct number then :-S?

thx

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

When configuring AccurateRip, a key disc is used to find the offset. I believe key discs must have a very high confidence rating to be key discs.

As for track matches, anything over 3 matches means your rip is basically guaranteed accurate or inaccurate. Only 1 or 2 matches means your rip might be accurate and their rip was inaccurate, vice versa, or both are inaccurate or accurate.

Comment

• Dude
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2007

As for track matches, anything over 3 matches means your rip is basically guaranteed accurate or inaccurate. Only 1 or 2 matches means your rip might be accurate and their rip was inaccurate, vice versa, or both are inaccurate or accurate.
              So when dbpoweramp indicates "AR: secure" it means 3 or more tracks were identical?

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

I'm not sure, I think it will say that if all of the tracks match the database, whether there is 1 or 3 matches.

Comment

• Teknojnky
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dude
                  So when dbpoweramp indicates "AR: secure" it means 3 or more tracks were identical?

AR (3) Secure means that 3 other people's rips matched yours.

The odds of multiple people having the exact same errors being astronomical, however the odds of multiple people having perfect rips is much more realistic.

The key thing to understand is, AR and 'secure' are independent methods of validating a rip, with the same goal: to determine if a rip is error-free.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2006

How do I reset the AccurateRip configuration so it re-checks my drive?

EDIT

Found it. Under the Options button, CD ROM, the 'Sample Offset' has a 'Reset to Zero' button next to it, which forces AccurateRip to re-test the drive.
                    Last edited by 73ChargerFan; April 29, 2007, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>