title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dOpus integration/using proxy (2 questions)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobA
    • Oct 2006

dOpus integration/using proxy (2 questions)

Wasn't quite sure but felt this was the better forum. Probably the more reasonable question of the two, has to do with accessing Accuraterip and AMG via a proxy server on another computer. I know very little about proxy servers, but it is working (a small, free one), it gets freedb tag info. It does not get AMG, nor does it seem to get anything from accuraterip. Is this something I need to try to figure out here, or is there any help you could give? Mostly, the box with no internet is dual-core and faster ripping.

The other... I have really liked the shell integration parts of dMC... I'm always looking for better file-management,etc. I recently registered two copies of Directory Opus 8, which is a popular shell replacement for Windows. I can access the infotips fine, a simple 'over-install' of dMC gave me back property-sheet access, but although I can add columns from dMC, they are never populated. DOpus does a fair job with mp3 and flac, so it is not terribly important... I just wondered if it might be a small effort... especially since the same info can be accessed via the popup tips.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the work you, Spoon, and your Assistants put into these products. I have extracted about 40-50 more cds since the final release of R12, and it is working quite well for me.

Bob
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: dOpus integration/using proxy (2 questions)

Regarding DOpus 8 integration.

I have DOpus 8 running in Explorer replacment mode on my PC and I must admit that since installing r12 I hadn't checked that the extra columns still worked.

I must agree with Bob that for some reason the contents of the extra columns do not seem to be being populated in DOpus 8. Most likely a DOpus 8 problem as they appear in Windows Explorer. This used to work with r11.5 and the only difference I can see is that the old extra column names used to start with a '-' whilst the new now start with a space.

BTW Under DOpus 8, for me, the infotip popup doesn't display tag info. For example artist shows {sh:-artist-} instead.

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If your proxy server is modifying the data then it could be modifying it so that accuraterip and amg cannot work.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BobA
        • Oct 2006

Thanks, Guys.

I read a thread on how DOpus reads (internally) ID3 tags, and it sounds as if it may very well have to do with unicode or UTF-16 ... something like that. That was the case in ID3 tags, a while back. DOpus I suppose, is dealing with the changes like all softwares are having to do.

Bob

Comment

• Rollo
          • Feb 2007

I'm not having any problems with tag columns being populated [FLAC, mp3 and ogg at least] in Directory Opus 8.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Rollo
            I'm not having any problems with tag columns being populated [FLAC, mp3 and ogg at least] in Directory Opus 8.
            Are you referring to DOpus 8's own columns available under the Music content type or the Special column entries that will be supplied by dMC? I can get DOpus to display it's own columns but that does depend on my having the appropriate viewer dll installed.

BTW which version of dMC are you using?

Wayne
            Last edited by Wayne; April 08, 2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Rollo
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Wayne
              Are you referring to DOpus 8's own columns available under the Music content type?
              Yes

Originally posted by Wayne
              BTW which version of dMC are you using?
              R12 Reference.

Comment

Working...

]]>