title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unrecoverable frames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2007

unrecoverable frames

Hi,

I'm using dbpoweramp reference. I have set the option "mark track as error if insecure" in "options" -> "secure settings" (under "unrecoverable frames").
    Now I tried to rip a CD and there are certain tracks that are indicated as error, so there are some unrecoverable frames in that track.

Now I was wondering what's the best way to solve this problem. I tried many times to rip the track but there still are unrecoverable frames every time.
    Is setting the "interpolate unrecoverable frames" option in "options" -> "secure settings" (under "unrecoverable frames") the only way to solve this or are there better ways?

thanks in advance!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: unrecoverable frames

Some cds cannot be recovered.

Try a cd restore product (some people even say braso rubbed on the cd helps as it fills the scratches).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

To clarify, Spoon means to try a product that will physically try to restore the CD by buffing light scratches out

Comment

• Dude
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LtData
        To clarify, Spoon means to try a product that will physically try to restore the CD by buffing light scratches out
        Hi,

Ok I see.
        I also had another question about it.
        You can also choose the option "interpolate unrecoverable frames".
        Is this an option to be able to rip the track but with some slightly non-accurate frames (the ones that couldn't be read) that are generated by interpolating the previous and next frames or do I understand this option wrong?

thx

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It would, but the rip is still inaccurate (ie does not match the original).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>