title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

More Audible aa problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack_frost
    • Mar 2007

More Audible aa problems

Until today I haven't had any problems converting aa files with dBpowerAMP converter. However, I made the mistake of upgrading to version 5.1 of Audible manager. I have just looked through the various threads and have uninstalled it and reinstalled version 4. However, now Audible does not recognise that Audible manager is there at all. Every time I go to download a file from Audible it tries tells me I don't have Audible manager on my computer and tells me to download the new version. I go through the install process until it tells me that I have a previous version on my computer and asks me if I want to overwrite it. When I say "No", it aborts the process and I go back to the beginning again...

I know this is not a dBpowerAMP problem, but I hope that someone will know what is going on and have some suggestions. I'm DESPERATE ... I've just signed up to a new Audible membership, and without a functioning dBPpowerAmp conversion I won't be able to use the downloads.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: More Audible aa problems

What other Audible software do you have installed besides the Audible Manager?

Comment

• jack_frost
      • Mar 2007

When I look under start -> programs -> audible manager it lists "audible download manager" and "audiblemanager", as well as uninstall. Other than that I'm not aware of any other Audible software on my computer.

One possible complicating issue is that I have recently rejoined with a new user name, because I had forgotten the old details. With the old user name, and before I upgraded to version 5, Audible Manager downloaded files to C:\Program files\Audible\Programs\Downloads. Now, with the new user name (when version 5.1 is installed) it downloads files to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Audible\Downloads.

I can't see why this would cause version 4 not to be recognised, but I mention it just in case it does. I have tried unistalling version 4 and reinstalling version 5.1. When I do this, AudibleManager recognises and finds everything on my computer. I then uninstalled 5.1 again, reinstalled version 4, and the same problem happens. The Audible website acts as if I don't have AudibleManager on my computer at all.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Try uninstalling the download manager and then see if that works

Comment

• jack_frost
          • Mar 2007

As far as I can see, the Download Manager does not have its own uninstall function. Whether I go via Control Panel or Start -> Programs -> Audible, the only uninstall function is for AudibleManager.

Comment

Working...

]]>