title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CD Input

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teene65
    • Feb 2007

Audio CD Input

I am trying to convert .cda files to .mp3 but am getting an error. In another post, I saw that I need to be ripping the files with "Audio CD Input". Normally with dbpowerAMP, to convert other files to .mp3 all I do is right click on the file in Explorer. Do I need additional software called "Audio CD Input"?

When I checked on the version, it noted 12 but that my All Media Guide had expired. Do I need that guide for ripping files? The music I convert is provided to me so I don't have to download, would I need the guide if I am not downloading off the internet?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tina
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Audio CD Input

Audio CD Input is now called CD Ripper for R12.

You can convert a CD from explorer, but you will not get the track names filled in with the correct artist information.

AMG is a better metadata source, it is not a requirement for converting.

What is the error message shown?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teene65
      • Feb 2007

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'K:\Track01.cda' to 'K:\Track01.mp3'
      Track 1 is not an audio track

In Explorer when I look at the details of the file, under type it reads CD Audio Track.

I just did an experiment - I tried it again in Explorer and same error message. But then I took the disc out and then put it in again (to get the dialog box which asks you what you want to do with the CD) and chose Rip using dbpowerAMP and it worked! Any thoughts on why it doesn't work straight from Windows Explorer?

One more question - I have the basic converter version for $28. On the registration page, it says 1 year acess for AMG is included in the $28 but when you click on the link to purchase, it adds $5 in for the AMG. It shows that I do not have the AMG (expired). Did I do something wrong when I paid for it?

Thank you again,
      Tina

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

That doesn't happen when I click on the PowerPack to purchase. Do note that if you have already clicked on the AMG 1-year access and it was placed in your cart, it will remain there until you remove it,.

You are always better off using the CD Ripper itself to rip a CD.

Also, you say you have the "basic converter version". Do you mean you have the PowerPack or do you have Reference?

If you purchased the PowerPack and it was after dMC r12 was available for purchase, you should have gotten a second e-mail with a download link for AMG.

Comment

• teene65
          • Feb 2007

Great catch! I apologize...I have the Powerpak and where it has the price of $18, it says including AMG for one year. I purchased it 2/13/07. There was a link in the email I received to download the AMG but not a subsequent email). When I tried the link to download the AMG, it was not a working link.

How I would be able to get the AMG (use my order #?)? I am not sure if I need it but I am getting into to "converting" more and more and may need it in the future.

Thank you for the info.

Tina

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Try the link in your e-mail again.
            If it still doesn't work, send an e-mail to the address on this page: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm with your order number, date or purchase, and explain how your original AMG link didn't work and you need a new one.

Comment

• teene65
              • Feb 2007

Thank you again. I sent off that email.

Tina

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'K:\Track01.cda' to 'K:\Track01.mp3'

You were converting to drive K which is the CD drive, if using music converter from explorer you have to specify a different drive in 'output to'
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>