title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Delete source after conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hergest
    • Mar 2007

Delete source after conversion

I often convert a large batch of .SHN's to .FLAC.

In dMC R12, I can't see any option to delete source files after conversion to new format. This used to be in R11.5.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Delete source after conversion

From the FAQ: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12072

Comment

• Hergest
      • Mar 2007

I just found that in the FAQ myself. Didn't dig deep enough before I posted. Sorry.

Damn. I see that I have to pay for the PowerPack to be able to select delete source as a "DSP" effect. That's probably the only thing I would need PowerPack for (I only generally use the converter for SHN->FLAC conversion). Maybe I would also need it to change avoid maxing out CPU (change priority to below normal).

R11.5 used to use 50% CPU as I had two CPU's, so along with delete source files option, the older version fitted my needs. Except the new FLAC encoder is better.

Is it possible to configure the converter to use only one CPU, or is it actually better to just reduce the priority?

Would I be able to set the conversion defaults? eg. Set DSP effect to delete source files (only if conversion is successful), and run at low priority, such that I don't need to reselect these options each time?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you use normal dMC or PowerPack dMC, it will only use one CPU core. Only the Reference version supports multiple cores.

Also, note that reducing priority will still use up the entire CPU, but it will be easier for other programs to get CPU time.

The "Delete Source File" DSP only deletes the file on a successful conversion.

Also, the conversion options are saved after a conversion.

Comment

Working...

]]>