title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slow encoding speed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robrien
    • Mar 2007

Slow encoding speed

I've just got a new PC with a dual core processor and 2g of ram. I put db power amp version 11 on it and I got a painfully slow encoding speed ( x 0.5 ) as apposed to x17 on my other machines. I unstalled it and installed the trial version 12 and although when I start to convert it kicks off at x15 but it then gradually slows to about x3. I dont think its actually db power amp but I am lost to why this is happening. Any help?

I have defragged the hard drive and checked for any virus's but it all looks good.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Slow encoding speed

Is this encoding speed when you are converting existing files or ripping a CD? What are the specifications (channels, format, bits, bitrate, frequency) of your source files and desired specifications?

Comment

• robrien
      • Mar 2007

Its for converting existing files. wav to 320mp3 at 44100hz. If I convert a few files it will rattle them off at x 15 but if I do 50 it will start at x15 and gradually get slower and slower. Its currently now at x2.2

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Open task manager and look for programs which are not exiting, but are taking up cpu time.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robrien
          • Mar 2007

processes and applications seem fine. I'm only running dbpower at the time. I can only think its something to do with my dual core processor.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try converting wave to wave (different folder) and see the speed.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robrien
              • Mar 2007

that converted it less than a second but unfortunately thats not what i wanted it for. I generally only need to convert wav to 320 mp3.

cheers for the help anyway

Comment

Working...

]]>