title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Overwriting original old file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkforde
    • Mar 2007

Overwriting original old file

Hello

Is there a way in R12 to deliberately overwrite the original source file after verifying that the conversion is 100% solid. I have a load of AAC files that are supposed to work in 4GB MMC+ in Nokia 6230i (sadly they don't!) so I'm converting all AAC files into mp3 and am not interested in keeping the old AAC files - any way to set an overwrite in dBpowerAMP? (I know I can go back later and delete all the AAC originals but it'd be cleaner to do it while converting)

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jkforde; March 22, 2007, 02:10 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Overwriting original old file

Download the DSP effects here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12210
    And use the "Delete Source File" DSP effect when you convert.

Comment

• jkforde
      • Mar 2007

LtData - thanks once again! Of course I have an issue when running the DSP effects - downloaded and installed the DSP effects, added 'delete source file' effect and converted some AAC files and it did that fine but left the original files - it doesn't seem to delete over a wireless home network. If it can see the files for conversion why can't it map to them to delete them? Is it a matter of mapping the drive?
      Last edited by jkforde; March 22, 2007, 03:10 PM. Reason: new issue

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

dMC has always been a little hit and miss with networked drives, mapped or not.
        Most of the time, it doesn't even work at all.

Comment

• jkforde
          • Mar 2007

LtData: fair enough, nothing can be perfect!, thanks again for your advice.

Comment

Working...

]]>