title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Importing CDA songs to mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xanderland
    • Mar 2007

Importing CDA songs to mp3

it can import fine, but it is not displaying the song names, just the "Track01.cda" to "track01.mp3".
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Importing CDA songs to mp3

Did you use the dMC CD Ripper to rip your CDs? This program retrieves meta-data from sources such as AMG and FreeDB to give you the artist, title, track titles, etc. for your CD.

Comment

• xanderland
      • Mar 2007

i was using the music converter, then tried the audio cd input. the audio cd input was searching for the song data, but failed, that might be cuz i'm at work. i didnt try this option until after i submitted this question.

thanks.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Your work internet connection is probably going through a proxy server. If you know that it is and you know the proxy server, you can enter this into the connection details for the CD Ripper. However, I am not currently on a machine that has dMC, so I cannot tell you exactly how to get it. I would guess that it would be found by clicking the arrow beside the Meta button and finding the retrieval options for AMG and FreeDB.

As for figuring out if you are using a proxy server, try checking your Internet Properties. Open up Internet Explorer, click Tools --> Options then click the "Connections Tab". Click the "LAN" button at the bottom and see if there is a proxy server there.

Another option is that your work has a firewall that is blocking the meta-data retrieval. If this is the case, there is nothing you can do about this.

Comment

• xanderland
          • Mar 2007

everything is working great now. thanks for your help.
          :D

Comment

Working...

]]>