title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Crash when playing CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MouseAT
    • Feb 2007

Crash when playing CD

I'm having problems with dBpowerAMP Music Converter (reference edition). If I use the built in CD playback facility, I the program will stop responding. The problem occurs when I try to change something, eg. start a new track playing, jump to another track or jump to a different point within the current track. Around one time in ten, the entire program will stop responding, and I have to forcibly end task the program. The CD audio will continue playing whenever this happens, but the entire interface will be frozen.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Edit: It's also crashing outright fairly often when I try to change the playing track by double clicking. This is really getting annoying when I'm trying to find tracks - at the moment, I'm having to use Media Player to find tracks and dBpowerAMP to rip them.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by MouseAT; March 18, 2007, 03:31 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Crash when playing CD

Does this happen with just a few CDs or any CD you try? Have you waited to see if the program resumes responding? If it is just a few CDs, are they enhanced?

What OS are you using? Are you logged in as an Administrator?

Under Options, scroll to the CD ROM section and put what Communication set you are using (normally SCSI Pass-through (SPT) or Windows Limited). If you change the communication set to the other one, does it still crash?

Comment

• MouseAT
      • Feb 2007

Re: Crash when playing CD

I'm running Windows XP Professional with admin rights. The problem seems to occur at random, so I've switched from STP to ASPI, and I'll see whether it makes any difference.

Comment

Working...

]]>