title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dynamic in Batch convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • espressodaily
    • Jan 2003

Dynamic in Batch convert

OK. I am a registered user of dbPowerAmp (11.5) and I just installed the latest.
    In batch convert, why is "Dynamic" for renaming files disabled?.

I am reorganizing my entire library and I have to go back to 11.5.

Am I missing something?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Dynamic in Batch convert

Dynamic naming is a dBpoweramp Reference feature

Comment

• espressodaily
      • Jan 2003

I don't really want to rename, I just want the output to a different directory.
      I need the reference version for this?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

No, you can output to a different directory. However, with the PowerPack, it is either the original folder or every file in one folder somewhere else. To get the original path in a new base directory or dynamic naming, you need Reference

Comment

• charliemouse
          • Mar 2007

If it's any consolation, i had exactly the same problem today. The (semi) good news is (at time of writing) it is £7.57 or whatever that is in your currency to upgrade from your powerpack to reference.

I was also rather annoyed functionality was removed, as I'd imagine will be a few people, but at least we don't have to buy 'reference' outright. MP3tag would make a great job of using tags to reassemle everything into folders for you, but I went with paying the upgrade price as it really is the most handy program and I use it far too often to want to loose functionality.

Normally I get very annoyed with releases which work out a way to 'get a bit more out of users' but seeing as the norm is for good tools to cost a lot of money, I realised I was being a bit miserable grouching about $10 for a superb tool.

[Incidentally, I use this to whizz through nested folders of two-thirds of a terrabye of flac/wma/mp3 files and produce smaller wma/mp3 for my various MP3 players (whenever I change tags on a few files etc - instead of regenerating wma/mp3 of each in turn, I just let it trawl through *everything* again) With the exception of one incident, it has never had a problem Hence, in my case, not being to peeved about paying the upgrade!]

Comment

• espressodaily
            • Jan 2003

I didn't even check to upgrade. As a software developer, I gladly pay for great software I use.
            I just upgraded.

No up sell ?

Thanks

Comment

• espressodaily
              • Jan 2003

I upgraded to reference. I want to specify the destination folder, but I don't want to have to specify the naming scheme. I want it to use the same naming scheme as the source, just change the extension (in different folder).

Can this be done? I was able to get this behavior in 11.5

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Use [origpath]\[origfilename] in the dynamic naming. This will give you the entire directory structure and the original filename. Use the List/Rename button next to the Codec Selection to verify you did the naming convention correctly
                Last edited by LtData; April 29, 2007, 05:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• steptoe
                  • Feb 2004

Just a small but important error in the tip above, I tried the above after having just bought the reference version and it wasn't quite right, but changing it slightly cured it. I now have the same functionality as the 11.5 release

[origpath]\[origfilename]

NOT

[origpath]/[origfilename]
                  Last edited by steptoe; April 29, 2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Whoops, thanks for noticing that, steptoe.

Comment

Working...

]]>